November 30, 2011

An Intangible Christmas Gift


The past weekend was a blur, but memories were made again. We had an early Christmas present in the form of tickets to the matinee show of The Sound of Music production at the Resort's World Manila. 


photo source: Galapinoy

I remember seeing an earlier production when I was a little girl (don't dare ask how long ago that was) and the songs have been stuck in my head all this time. To this day, "The hills are alive with the sound of music...," "Doe, a deer, a female deer ...," and "Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens ... these are a few of my favorite things...," are all still in my head.

For our family, this was our very first time to see a play but only my littlest girl was giddy with excitement. It didn't take long however, for my two older daughters to warm up and enjoy the play. They too became entranced with the show. 

We caught Cris Villonco as Frau Maria Rainer, Audie Gemora as Captain Georg Von Trapp and Pinky Amador as Baroness Elsa Shraeder. We were also lucky to see Atasha Muhlach (daughter of Filipino celebrities) as Brigitta von Trapp. They and the rest of the cast proved that Filipino artists are truly world-class! 


"I am sixteen, going on seventeen ..."
photo source here


More than the music and words, the story is a classic and its basic tenet about a family who lost and found love again transcends throughout many generations.  Kids and kids-at-heart will be enthralled with the timeless tale of family and love.

It was definitely an experience quite like no other, one that would remain forever etched in our girls' memories. Of this I'm very sure. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for writing about the show!
- Cris Villonco :)