February 23, 2010

My Macau-Hong Kong Birthday Celebration - Part III

Our adventure continued with a plan to cross Victoria Harbour and head on to The Peak. Again, we strolled down Nathan Road and turned right on Haiphong Road and turned left on Canton Road. We passed by Louis Vuitton, Gucci and other high end designer shops.

We also stumbled into the Harbour City Ocean Centre which was filled with decors for the Chinese New Year.

We went inside the mall and went to Toys R Us where I was able to purchase a My Melody watch for my second daughter. It just cost HK$ 130 (or roughly Php 819). I would have gotten a Barbie doll with a set of clothes for HK$ 99 but they ran out of stock. My youngest daughter would have loved it. Sayang!

We strolled some more and saw the Clock Tower, another Hong Kong landmark.

Then we boarded the Star Ferry, Hong Kong's popular and inexpensive mode of getting to Central and Tsim Sha Tsui and vice versa. Fare is HK$ 2.5 (roughly Php 15) per person.

The harbour views were simply breathtaking

When we got to Central, we decided against going to The Peak as it was quite cloudy. My DH thought that we wouldn't be able to see any view and I agreed. And so we just had dimsum for lunch in

That night, we ventured out into Jordan Road and Temple Street.

I wasn't impressed with the items being sold in the Ladies Night Market. We simply ended up buying souvenir key chains for our girls.

The next day, which was our last day in Hong Kong, we turned to the Observatory Road, crossed Chatham Road and ended up having breakfast in McDonald's inside this mall

which was inside this park/garden

We strolled some more and came across the Charlie Brown Cafe in Cameron Road.

Our flight back to Manila wasn't until 10pm but we decided to check out of the hotel at 1pm. With luggages in tow, we took the MTR (our first for this trip) to get to Citygate Mall in Tung Chung. The Filipinos we came across guided us in deciphering the touch screen ticket vending machine but we still had our share of bloopers when we switched trains in Lai King. When we finally exited the train at Tung Chung station, we proceeded to the information booth so we could pay the additional fare which we failed to pay when we switched trains.

Inside Citygate Outlet Mall, I happily finished off my remaining HK Dollars. Ha ha!

From there, we took the bus to get to the airport. We were finally homeward bound.

No comments: