April 3, 2010

Sunset at Lobo, Batangas



One highlight of our Lobo trip was when we sat down on the shore to capture the sunset. A couple of my friends had their DSLRs to take that perfect sunset shot.


photo courtesy of DH

I, on the other hand, had my reliable and ultra-handy point-and shoot Canon Ixus 100 IS. I tinkered with the settings and came up with these shots. (I swear, no enhancements were made. Photos were just framed and watermarked using Photoscape.)

These first two pictures were taken on auto mode.



The Canon Ixus 100 IS comes with preset modes of shooting situations. I just clicked on the sunset mode and proceeded to shoot.




This is my personal favorite.








2 comments:

Daene | Filipina in Flip Flops said...

HI Kathy! Lovely sunset pictures! I'm actually from Lipa, Batangas, but have never been to Lobo. Must plan a road trip soon.

Thanks for visiting my blog and for trading links! I've put your site on my links page already. Cheers! :)

Kat said...

Go, Daene!

Indeed, there's more to explore in Batangas. Here's to more travel stories for us! :)