January 9, 2012

Sweet Sixteen

This Monday's inspiration is my eldest daughter who turns sixteen today. 








My first born. As they say, huge expectations are set with being one. With this, she has brought out the worst and the best in me as we battled amidst her teenage angst. I have made adjustments and concessions, as well as stood my ground with my "non-negotiables", all in the name of raising a teenage daughter. 


Through all this, I am hugely proud of how much she has matured and gained self-confidence. She is now one of my best friends, my style consultant as we share shoes, clothes and bags. We find that we are so alike and yet so different, but there is much respect between us. 

In her young adult life, I can proudly claim that she has accomplished much - with her studies and extra-curricular activities. In a few months time, she'll be graduating from her high school, but that's another story. With the grace of God, I must have done something right by her after all. 

Happy Birthday Moochie! May you continue to shine and be an inspiration - for me, your dad, your sisters and to all those around you. The world is out there for you to explore. And while things may not always be handed to you on a silver platter, know that we always strive to give you the best that we can. Know too that we always have supported you and your endeavors and will continue to do so. Never forget that we love you most.





No comments: