October 24, 2010

Discovering Dumaguete - Part 4 - Sans Rival Cakes & Pastries


Sans Rival Cakes and Pastries is Dumaguete's biggest attraction for people with sweet tooth like me. We stumbled upon the shop while we strolled along the Boulevard and I remembered all the raves I previously read from other blogs.



It is a tiny shop tucked in one of the streets perpendicular to the Rizal Boulevard. When we entered, the shop was abuzz, it's interior was almost full and the staff were on their toes. 

Aside from Sans Rival, they also offer various cakes and pastries.



But we were set to get their classics:

yummy silvanas

yummier sans rival 

I was completely floored with the melt-in-your-mouth sans rival! It was buttery and yet it was not too sweet. It was absolutely perfect! The silvanas was also good, although it took us about three bites before we fully appreciated it. I guess HB and I completely got enamored with the sans rival.

But I must say that both were truly perfect with brewed coffee!

We ordered these treats as well to bring back to Manila and arranged for pick up that night. We were told that the cakes should not be out of the freezer for more than 4 hours so we asked our hotel to keep our cakes frozen overnight. The cakes were wrapped and boxed very nicely. I guess they have perfected this art as a lot of tourists do bring home the sans rival as pasalubong.

Here are pictures upon unpacking when we got home.

carefully wrapped and packed sans rival

foil wrapped silvanas

Our sweet tooth satisfaction lasted for three days ... I wonder who's going to Dumaguete so I can ask him/her to bring me back these goodies. Hmmm ... anyone? 

No comments: