October 5, 2010

Road Trip from Bacolod to Dumaguete

The bus ride from Bacolod to Dumaguete took a total of 6 hours, with one major stop over, when the driver and conductor took their meals. The bus was fairly new, well-maintained and the air-conditioning was just right. As in all provincial buses, "video on board" was a standard "feature" and old rated-B action movies were shown to keep the riders somewhat entertained.

Ceres Bus bound for Dumaguete City

Two hours before we reached Dumaguete City, the views of the mountains separating the island of Negros into Occidental and Oriental were quite picturesque and the driver expertly maneuvered the bus into the gentle curves and slopes. Higher up into the mountains, the coast of Dumaguete can be seen and it was quite breathtaking. 

I had too much fun soaking it all in that I forgot to pull out my camera and take some shots. In hindsight, I must have known that I wouldn't be able to get good shots anyway as the bus was moving, or maybe I am just sour-graping now, lol. But I would love to take this trip again and I would love to stop, go down and take pictures of all the greenery and blue sea.

No comments: