October 27, 2010

Remembering Bacolod's Fine Scallops


In my previous trips to Bacolod, I fell in love with the scallops which we devoured upon the recommendation of my 'in-laws'. Since then, I constantly craved for it and would search for that particular kind in the markets back here in Manila.

Last Saturday, I chanced upon those same scallops sold in Farmer's Market and they were at PhP 350 a kilo! But my mouth already watered from the memory of its taste and I asked HB if he could duplicate the way it was cooked in Pala-pala in Bacolod.


Scallops in Buttered Lemon Sauce from Hyksos Tulahan in Bacolod 

Here is HB's version:

HB's version of the Buttered Lemon Scallops

Hmmmm ... not quite the exact way it was cooked but nonetheless I savored every morsel. HB needs one more batch to get it right ... or perhaps, it's time to go back to Bacolod?

2 comments:

cly088 said...

Honey, one more try and i think i'll get it better....

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

Put cheese on top and you are good to go!
xoxo
MrsM