October 19, 2010

Good Old Classics from Savory


About two weeks ago, HB and I had lunch at Savory Restaurant inside Robinson's Place Manila. It was another opportunity for a lunch date for us.




Immediately, the collection of pictures of Old Manila on the wall caught my eye and I couldn't help but zoom my camera on it:



For less than 300 bucks, we ordered the "Combo A Budget Meal" which was a set meal that is good enough for 2 persons.






The set meal included a half of a chicken, pancit (noodles), lumpiang shanghai (pork-filled rolls) and two cups of rice. It was of good value and quite filling. The chicken was deep fried to a golden brown and yet the meat was tender inside. And while the pancit was an extra carbohydrate-load, I appreciated the vegetable mixed with it. And as lumpiang shanghai is my favorite finger-food, I found it a treat for it to be included in the set meal. The wrapper was fried to crispy perfection and was served hot.

Since we were ahead of the lunch crowd (which usually comes at 12 noon onwards), the service was fast, efficient, and the waiters were attentive.  

Now I must say that this is one Filipino restaurant which has continued its tradition of serving quality affordable meals.


____________

The Classic Savory Restaurant
Level 1, Robinsons Place Manila
Pedro Gil corner Adriatico Streets
Ermita, Manila
Telephone Number: 567.1944

No comments: